Police Checks are capable of legitimising a person’s or an employee’s history and consist of their court outcomes that are both disclosable and no disclosable cases. Applying for Queensland police checks has never been easier. Instead of waiting in long lines, residents can now apply online and get their transcripts ready for employment or other opportunities.
Having a police check will ensure that the employee is safe for hiring and promote a safe workspace environment. Moreover, many Australian regulations have now made police checks mandatory for many major companies across the country. Individuals who have applied for a police check in Queensland will get a national certificate issued by the QPS.
What Does A Police Check Show?
Any Queensland resident that applies for a police check will have their data taken and run through the database. Most of the police checks will be following the rules and policies of that particular province.
For starters, these are the following things that will show up:
- If a person has no prior criminal history or convictions, their names will be listed under a “No Disclosable Outcome”.
- If there is a criminal history or a history of conviction, chances are it’ll show up in the database. All charges include:
- Charges like sexual offences, assault or other cases of aggravated violence
- Any traffic violation like overspeeding or driving drunk.
- Time served or convicted.
- Any court charges that are pending at the date of application
- Most convictions that have elapsed after their period are considered as “spent” but are limited to minor offences. Crimes related to any sexual assault, forgery or fraud won’t be considered as spent and will show up on the database.
Charges that were dropped after proof of innocence and minor penalties will not be included. Also, any matter handled by the state police will not be considered for a police check, and any crime done outside Australia won’t be included either. Police checks applied online usually take 24 hours to come back with results, but longer periods may indicate manual searches by the police service.
Should A Queensland Resident Apply For A Police Check Online?
Online checks are much quicker and way more efficient, allowing residents to get back their results in less than 24 hours. Moreover, online databases can also be checked by the hiring organisations to improve the effectiveness of their hiring services. The only cases where police checks were delayed through online processes were if the person was convicted of a crime or inconsistencies with the name and contact details.
Which All Organisations Require A Police Check For Employment?
- Old age and nursing homes, and other facilities that involve children or special cases
- For the application of licenses to service fields like defence, medicine or real estate agencies
- Many organisations and businesses will ask for a police check during interview applications
- For applications for a work visa, immigrant visa or employment opportunities abroad
- Government services and any other positions within the Commonwealth
Police Checks And Their Advantages:
- For quick verification by companies for effective screening of candidates
- To verify the details such as the name, address and other contact information
- Counter workplace violence scenarios by rejecting candidates with a severe criminal background
- Reduces any legal risk involved, especially if the company is working with children or elder residents
- Employees who have applied for Queensland police checks and had their background verified by the Queensland Police Services will have more chances of getting promoted or earning the company’s trust.