What is Graphic Design?
Graphic design is a discipline involving visualizing, planning and crafting of visual content employing elements such as illustrations, photographs, typography, colours and images to convey motivating and enlightening messages to the apt target audience.
Graphic Design is utilized in the creation of product packaging, OOH, signage, logos, designing of ads for newspapers and magazines, digital content, websites, and digital ads etc. Graphic Designs can be classified into:
- Visual identity graphic design
- User interface graphic design
- Motion graphic design
- Publication graphic design
- Packaging graphic design
- Marketing & advertising graphic design
- Environmental graphic design
- Art and illustration
Role and responsibility of a graphic designer:
- Interacting with the client and/or the Creative director to comprehend the scope of the project
- Coming up with a design to communicate the desired message to the target audience using your creative visualization as well as photo editing software
- Presenting the designed concepts to clients as well as art directors
- Incorporate changes in designs basis the feedback from various stakeholders
- Review of final designs for errors etc. before printing or publishing the designs.
Key skills required:
- Research & Analytical skills: Graphic designers must know their target audience so that they can analyze their designs in accordance with the point of view of consumers so as to effectively communicate the desired message.
- Artistic capability to craft innovative concepts to achieve a high recall of shared communication.
- Communication skills: Good communication skills are required to comprehend the client’s requirement and also to sell the relevant concept design to the stakeholders.
- Computer skills: Competencies in graphic design software will assist in better representation of concepts.
- Time-management skills to ensure timely completion of multiple projects
- Candidates must have attained the age of at least 17 years.
- He must have passed his Class X exams from any recognized board.
Graphics Design Colleges in India:
There are numerous Graphic Designing Colleges in India, however, while selecting the right college, students must deliberate on the following:
- Online Student interaction: The college must conduct online events that offer one-on-one interaction with mentors, faculty as well as career guides, who will take you through the curriculum. Furthermore, students will also get information about varied workshops and diverse courses available to students in order to hone their skills. In addition, students will also be enlightened about supplementary career support courses available in order to enhance competencies.
- Participation in Competitions: The College must encourage student’s participation in various competitions both at the domestic as well as international level. Any win by students, must be suitably rewarded as well as acknowledged by the college as well.
- Awards & Rewards: Awards are a testimony of efforts, the college is making towards attaining excellence. The college must have won various awards in varied categories
- Online Learning Excellence for Academic Digitization
- The Media & Entertainment Skill Council recognizing the campus as “Centre of Excellence”
- ASSOCHAM awarding the college for its efforts in Design for 6 consecutive years–“Best Design Institute in India (2016-21)”
- The college must have been recognised as an Authorized World Skills Training Centre”
- FICCI has awarded us in 2021 for Excellence in Creative Arts